Pilates instruction and training in Stoke Newington
Philip Bishop - Personalised Pilates - One-to-One Tuition
Tim Hawes - Pilates Instructor and personal trainer
Jenny Hopps - Pilates Instructor - One to One and Small Groups - Pregnancy
Felicity McDonald - Pilates and Supple Strength Total Body Training
Pilates and Supple Strength Total Body Training
One to one and small group training to transform your body and achieve your personal goals in the comfort of your own home. I teach in Stoke Newington, Central and North East London.
- 15 years Classical Ballet training.
- Certified Level 3 Pilates teacher.
- Certified Supple Strength teacher.
- Certified CPR trained and registered with REPs.
- Special interest in supporting the hypermobile body, Elhers-Danlos Syndrome and balance in the female body.
I teach both Pilates and Supple Strength with a strong influence from my classical ballet background, focusing on alignment, relaxation and developing mind body connection.
Supple Strength blends yoga, Pilates and body conditioning and is very similar to gentle yoga. Sessions fuse both Supple Strength and Pilates for a total body workout developing focus, improving muscle tone, core strength and relieving tight muscles.
I also teach Supple Strength only sessions working through a range of postures, dynamic stretches and focused movements. These sessions build strength, flexibility and balance centering on relaxation, ending with a light mindful meditation practice reducing stress and relaxing the body and mind.
I have experience working with a wide range of spinal conditions, injuries and chronic conditions and can help you learn how to support your body in a way that suits your individual needs.
Sessions are completely tailored to your body and your goals but will generally be a unique mix of Pilates and Supple Strength providing a full body workout personalised for you whether you want to rebuild and realign after injury, prepare for a ski/snow/surf holiday, improve your sporting or dance performance, stabilise hypermobile joints, condition and shape your body or to improve every day comfort and function.
Here are some examples of what we can work on:
- Tone and sculpt your body to elongate muscular structure of the legs and arms, build abdominal muscle tone, firm up and sculpt your back and butt to build the foundations for an elegant shape akin to a ballerina’s body.
- Improve posture, body confidence and back health while cultivating healthy alignment.
- Build a strong core to make everyday activities easier and improve sports performance.
- Injury avoidance and restoring balance.
- Develop mind body connection and build relaxation into your routine to feel rejuvenated and replenished.
- Develop muscular strength and flexibility to support healthy joints and increase freedom of movement.
- Reduce stress levels and tension held in the body and enhance balance and coordination.
For more information, please visit my website: www.felicitymcdonald.co.uk or to book an appointment email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Hawes BSc
Telephone: 07950 800 854
Tim trained at the Modern Pilates studios in Mayfair and sees Pilates as more than just another form of exercise.
He views it as a whole different approach to movement, which promotes
- Good upper and lower body posture and alignment
- A stable upper and lower core
- Good breathing patterns, in turn promoting good health
- A strong, yet flexible spine
- Movement where there is no movement
- Stamina, and phenomenal muscle strength
- Natural, normal movement patterns
This leads to proper neuromuscular balance throughout the body, where the limbs can move freely, and smoothly around a stable core.
The body can now work more efficiently, and, with improved posture and breathing, function can be improved throughout. Tim provides a one to one programme and works with small groups in Stoke Newington and throughout London.
Tel 07950 800 854 or email email@example.com for a consultation or further information.
87 Sandbrook Road, Stoke Newington, London N16 0SL
Tel: 07818 242 713
Also NW1 & EC1
Pilates works by targeting the deep postural muscles, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment. As well as improving posture, it increases strength and flexibility, relieves unwanted stress and tension and helps restore qualities that may have been lost due to pain, injury or poor posture.
Pilates exercises are suitable for anyone, from the first time exercisers to sports people, helping re-shape your body, improving your posture and relieving stress, injury and tension.
I can provide you with a programme that can be done at home which will allow you to develop your proficiency at your own pace. Onsite equipment such as the Reformer provides finely tuned exercise resistance that allows you to work very precisely with alignment, core strength, and all of the Pilates exercise principles.
You’ll also be provided with a Personalised Pilates programme that can be tailored to accommodate your day-to-day schedule. Also personalised programmes that compliment your existing physio exercises where appropriate.
Trained at the Scott Studio and qualified as an instructor in Pilates Matwork.
Also trained at London School of Sports Massage and London College of Massage and holds a diploma from both schools as well as a BTEC in sports remedial massage. He is a member of the Sports Massage Association.
”...extremely skilled, intuitive and knowledgeable...“
”...dramatically improved my posture and gait, and my general well-being.“
”His approach to restoring function and freedom to the bits of my body that were letting me down is nothing short of miraculous.“
A full list of testimonials from health professionals and clients can be seen at www.philipbishop.co.uk
To make an appointment with Philip for personal pilates classes in Stoke Newington, Hackney, north London, please call 07818 242 713. .
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07810 877 689
I am a fully qualified Pilates teacher working in Stoke Newington & North / East / Central London. I am also a member of The Register for Exercise Professionals (REPS).
I offer the following Pilates sessions based at your home or office:
• One to One personal Pilates
• Small group sessions for friends / colleagues
• Pilates for Pregnancy (ante/postnatal)
• Pilates for rehabilitation (physiotherapy referrals)
All classes are tailored to your fitness level, experience and posture. We work towards your own goals and aims in the comfort of your own home or office.
Through Pilates we can work to:
- Strengthen & tone the body - Improve posture and support the back
- Improve balance, flexibility & coordination - Relax and de-stress
- Relieve back pain, tense shoulders & necks - Prevent osteoporosis
- Assist with recovery after injury
"Jenny has helped me develop my core muscles which have benefited my back pain better than any chiropractor or osteopath ever did."
"a consummate professional who imparts her knowledge and skill in a most straightforward and clear way"
"definitely noticed an improvement, particularly in our core strength"
"has helped greatly with pain management and has given me some additional benefits such as relaxation and stress relief"
A full list of testimonials can be found at www.pilateshappy.com/testimonials.html